Before we begin our integrated science/social studies on plants and communities, let’s take some time to activate our prior knowledge about plants. That means think of everything you already know about plants and write it in the comments. If you know, or think you know, tell about some of these things:
- Where do plants come from?
- How do plants change and grow?
- What do plants need to survive?
- How do animals use plants?
- How do people use plants?
- Do plants grow everywhere?
- Is there such a thing as good plants and bad plants?
- How do plants produce things?
- What is your experiences growing plants?
Be as specific and detailed in your schema activition as possible so your peers can understand your background knowledge.